In this small article, i would like to share with you how to extract the first word of string in sql query. i did that using SUBSTR, LOCATE and If statement.
Yesterday, i was working on my laravel project and i require to get first name from fulname column like as example:
Hardik Savani is a full name but i just need to get first work "Hardik" from fullname of users table in phpmyadmin. So i can consider First name from fullname. So basically here also malke it possibility to if just one word then what should it returns. But i use If for that.
For getting first name i use SUBSTR, LOCATE and If condition, So here i made sql query for getting firstname from fullname column.
id, IF((SUBSTR(fullname, 1, LOCATE(' ' ,fullname))) = '',fullname, (SUBSTR(fullname, 1, LOCATE(' ' ,fullname)))) as firstname
As write above query, you can simply get first name from fullname.
i hope you found your best solution...
Do you like below Tutorials ?
- How to Display Data in Angular 10?
- Angular 10 Routing Module Example Tutorial
- Angular 10 CRUD Operations with Web API Example
- Laravel 8 CRUD Operation Step By Step Tutorial
- Solved - Target class [ProductController] does not exist in Laravel 8
- Step by Step Form Validation in Laravel 8 Example
- Laravel 8 Image Upload with Preview Example
- Laravel 8 Multiple Images Upload with Preview Example